Before visiting the country, travelers should first check the Tukey visa requirements to see if they require a travel document for Turkey. The majority of foreign citizens are able to apply online for a Turkey tourist visa, which grants a stay of up to 90 days in the country. Eligible applicants are able to complete a simple online form with personal and passport information in around 10 minutes to receive an approved eVisa for Turkey via email.
However, it is not always a guarantee that a Turkey e-Visa will be approved. There are several factors that can result in an e-Visa application being rejected, including providing incorrect information on the online form and suspicions that the applicant will commit a visa overstay. Read on to learn about the most common reasons for a Turkey visa rejection and what you can do if the Turkish e-Visa is denied.
Common Reasons for a Turkey e-Visa Rejection
The most common reason for a Turkey e-Visa rejection is actually a simple thing to avoid. The majority of rejected Turkey visa applications contain false or incorrect information, as even small mistakes may result in the electronic visa being denied. Therefore, it is essential to double-check that all of the data provided on the Turkish eVisa application is correct and matches the details of the traveler’s passport before submitting the form.
However, a Turkish e-Visa may be rejected for other reasons, including:
- The name of the applicant may be similar to or the same as an individual on the banned list for Turkey.
- The intended purpose of travel to Turkey is not permitted with the eVisa. The eVisa allows holders to travel to Tukey for purposes of tourism, business, or transit only.
- The applicant has not provided all of the necessary documents required to apply for the eVisa, or additional supporting documentation may be required for the visa to Turkey to be approved.
- The applicant’s passport may not have sufficient validity to apply for an eVisa. The passport must be valid for at least 150 days from the intended date of arrival, with the exception of citizens of Portugal and Belgium, who are able to apply for an eVisa with an expired passport.
- There may be a suspicion that you are intending to overstay the Turkey e-Visa validity, especially if you have previously worked or lived in Turkey.
- The applicant may be a citizen of a country not eligible to apply for the Turkey visa online
- The applicant may have nationality for a country which is visa-exempt for Turkey.
- The applicant already has a valid Turkish online visa which has not yet expired.
In many cases, the Turkish government will not provide a reason for the rejection of the eVisa, and it may be necessary to contact the nearest Turkish embassy or consulate for further information.
What Should I Do if my Turkey e-Visa is Denied?
If the Turkey e-Visa is rejected, applicants are able to submit a new online visa application for Turkey after 24 hours have passed. After completing the new form, the applicant should carefully ensure that all the information entered is correct and that there are no mistakes that could result in the visa being denied.
As the majority of Turkish e-Visa applications are approved within 24-72 hours, the applicant should allow for up to 3 days for the new application to be processed. If the applicant receives a further e-Visa rejection after this time has passed, it is likely that incorrect information is not at fault and one of the other reasons for refusal is the problem.
In such cases, it will be necessary for the applicant to visit the nearest embassy or consulate of Turkey to submit a visa application in person. In some cases, it can take several weeks to receive a visa appointment at a Turkish consulate, so the applicant is advised to initiate the process well in advance of their intended entry date to the country.
it is also essential to ensure that you bring all of the required documentation to the visa appointment to avoid being turned away. If you are financially dependent on a spouse you may be required to bring a copy of your marriage certificate, otherwise, you may be required to show proof of current employment. Applicants who attend the appointment with all the necessary documentation are likely to be able to receive an approved visa for Turkey on the same day.