Turkey Visa for Emirati Citizens
A few years back, it was a laborious process to secure a Turkish visa. Travelers had to fill out and submit a mountain of paperwork, travel to their nearest embassy (which could be hundreds of kilometers away), and face the possibility of an in-person interview with an official. However, those days are long gone and the process has been simplified. Thankfully, now it is quick and easy to obtain a Turkey visa for Emirati citizens. The entire process takes less than an hour and can be done from the comfort of your own home.
Turkey Visa Requirements for Emirati Citizens
Emirati citizens are eligible to apply for a Turkish e-Visa (electronic visa) online before they arrive in the country. The duration of stay for Emirati citizens is capped at 90 days within a 180-day time frame. Please note that any Emirati traveler that is planning to transit through Turkey still needs to have a Turkish transit visa – otherwise, they will not be able to leave the transit area.
The Turkey visa requirements for Emirati citizens are very simple and include the following items:
- A valid passport- A valid Emirati passport is needed in order to apply for the Turkish e-visa. The passport must have at least 150 days (5 months) of validity from the date of entry into Turkey
- Personal information- The e-visa application also asks questions about the applicant, such as their full name, date of birth, place of birth, address, and email
- Passport information- The application will ask about the applicant’s passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry
- A valid email- A valid email is needed in order to receive notifications about the status of the Turkish e-visa and if there is additional information that is needed to be submitted
- A valid form of payment- Finally, a valid form of payment, such as a credit or debit card, is needed in order to pay for the visa fees
How to Get a Turkey Visa from the UAE
Obtaining a Turkish visa from the comfort of your own home is easy. In order to apply for a Turkey visa from the United Arab Emirates, travelers will need to fill out the online application form.
The eVisa Process for the United Arab Emirates Citizens
This Turkey visa application for Emirati citizens takes about half an hour to complete, and applicants will usually know the results instantly. Please note that sometimes there may be a short delay due to demand or processing times.
The application asks for basic information such as the traveler’s personal details, passport information, and contact information. It is recommended to make sure to fill out the application correctly – otherwise, you will need to redo the entire form if the information submitted is incorrect. After the form is done, applicants will need to pay the visa fee in order to officially submit their application.
After travelers are approved for their electronic visa and have received a digital confirmation on their email address, they are eligible to enter Turkey. Although the Turkish border officials have the e-visa in their computer system, it is still recommended to have a physical copy or an electronic copy of the approval form. This is in case the officer has any further questions or asks to see proof of the e-visa.
We recommend applying for your Turkish e-visa a minimum of 48 hours (2 days) before your trip in order to have a stress-free vacation.